Intimate With Nature Society: Statement of Aims Animals are to be loved and cared responsibly!
Intimate With Nature Society is a non-profit organization for inspiring people to respect and care responsibly about animals.
We have the intention to achieve our aims observing the following three fields:
- Harmonization of Bulgarian and EU Conventions and Council Directives for Humane treatment of animals.
- Adoption of an Animal Protection Law in Bulgaria.
- To help veterinary inspectorate to ensure the proper applying of the legislation.
- To help for establishment of an independent group for monitoring legislation for humane treatment, transportation, slaughter, experiments, biotechnology and find resources to implement its role.
- To create a team of animal defence-lawyers in order to protect animals from cruelty.
B. The organization effectiveness and citizen participation:
- To improve organization's efficiency and qualification of its members.
- To establish an organized network of groups and NGOs having as similar policy as ours.
- To provoke debates on various levels, with citizens and authorities.
C. Reduction of Stray Dogs Population in Bulgaria:
- Motivating all citizens, by informative programmes, to contribute to the mass sterilization.
- Centers for free sterilization for stray animals.
- Shelters - a complete Pet Rescue Center - where people can leave their companions instead of abandon them.
- Rehoming/adoption programmes - especially with old people (pensioners) even by a financial help from the side of the animal welfare organizations.
- Euthanasia of animals which are proved by a vet to be incurably sick and/or aggressive.
- Terminating the reproduction period of female animals by injections until sterilization.
- Deworming, special marking, rabies vaccination.